Since TruConnection launched in early February, users have had the ability to write or upload anything they like (in accordance with our Terms of Service), and have been given a daily writing prompt (i.e., What would a close friend say about you that an acquaintance would not?) to alleviate writer’s block. What a user writes — plus his/her photo — acts as a first impression.
In addition to this functionality, we are adding a new feature which will make it easier for users to write and communicate more casually: User-generated discussion forums.
Users will be able to:
- Create a discussion based on any topic (in accordance with TOS, of course) and comment on it
- Search forum to find a discussion on which to comment
- Reply to any comment
- View photo(s) of any commenter
- Send a private message to any commenter in any discussion
- Rate discussions, or comments made in any discussion
Discussion forums are everywhere on the internet, but rarely in a community of thoughtful and intelligent singles. TruConnection users will find that this feature will lead to lively discussion, debates, and opportunities to understand a bit more about a potential date prior to meeting in person.
This feature will go live on the site by Monday — possibly by the weekend if all goes right.
Please send any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org