In a world of thousands of online dating sites, it can be difficult to differentiate one from the next and choose which is best for you. Below are a few ways in which TruConnection.com is unique:
1. Emphasis on Writing as a First Impression. Many other sites have an ‘About Me’ or ‘Write About Yourself’ section, which gives members an opportunity to express themselves; however, this is usually just a small part of a member’s overall profile, and is most likely glossed over by members who are first drawn to the list of characteristics (income, education, social habits, ethnicity, etc.). At TruConnection, your first impression of a member is simply her writing + photo. And it is not just a snapshot of her describing herself; she is free to write as often and about as many topics as she likes. When you read her writing, you open a window into a real side of her personality.
2. No Detailed Self-Description. TruConnection’s motto is ‘Meet People, Not Profiles’, and I have mentioned ad nauseam on this blog our commitment to avoid an online shopping mentality. The vast majority of online dating sites feel that the more information a member provides about herself, the easier and more efficient it will be for other members to identify her as a potential match. But self-description can never be objective, is typically less-than-honest, and causes other members to be overly and artificially judgmental.
3. No Matching Algorithms. It seems that every day a new study comes out questioning the validity of dating algorithms. Many well-known dating sites compete with one another on whose algorithm ‘works best’ at matching people. Other, smaller sites use unique technology to match people based on a variety of data members provide about themselves. TruConnection avoids algorithms altogether. Members are enabled to find one another on their own; after all, who wants to tell friends and family that a computerized matchmaker brought them together?
4. Attention to Member Feedback. The features and functionality on TruConnection were built based on feedback from a focus group with the goal of making it easy to navigate and interact with other members. As we grow and add features, we are constantly asking members what would make their experience on the site better.
5. Straightforwardness. One thing you will never read (except here): “I joined TruConnection and was instantly messaged by a few women who wanted to meet me, but to message them back I had to become a paying subscriber. I became a subscriber, messaged them back, and never heard from them again! Shady!”
It should go without saying that we will avoid these practices, but unfortunately there is a lot of it in the online dating world.
TruConnection launched 3 months ago in NYC and Boston area, and will soon be expanding to new cities as demand dictates. Check it out and sign up!